Sunday, July 12, 2009

Narsapur Trip

July 12, 2009

I saw a note about Narsapur (not the one near Vijayawada, but closer to Medak, the place of the famous church) in the Hyderabad oracle travel distribution list. Despite the note in the mail saying little, I could not wait to check out the place especially since it was just about 40km from my house.

(To see larger pictures, click here go to the album directly.)

After going through the sea of apartment construction north of Kukatpalle, I arrived on the road to Medak at the Gandi Maisamma X roads along with my golf instructor. Both sides of the road are flanked by nice trees and it is a pretty drive - not too much traffic and a decent country road. About 15 km on the road past Annaram (Dundigul air force base) the vegetation changes a bit and green is everywhere.




We spotted the lake on the left side of the road; first we took a mud road to an ashram, walked a bit to the lake. Nice winds; clean air; clean water; ultra peaceful! We spotted a road flanking the lake and assuming it will lead us to the little hill we headed back to the main road and took a left at the Dangoria hospital road. Unfortunately the road ends abruptly at the damming wall by the lake. What we should have done is take the left at the main road about a km earlier onto a well-paved road with a sign listing 4 or 5 towns. Another day; especially since I know this is a picturesque spot, although with not much shade around. If I can take off earlier on a cool day, I can fit in a nice hike on that hill, a dip into the lake and a picnic lunch on its shore. May be you can join me too :).

I decided to take the Medak Road to Balanagar on the way back. Had Andhra meals for a late lunch at Anupama Pure Veg restaurant on SR Nagar road just past the left turn to Ameerpet road. Delicious food. Bookmark for the future.

1 comment:

  1. haiJp
    you have become a good writer.
    I have gone thro ur 2blogs.I have been impressed equally both by nature's bounty in the places and ur candid description. Good stuff.Keep blogging me even if it costs u-by the way of travelling to different locations.
    Have a plan to visit salem?
    Bye now
    with love
    bhava

    ReplyDelete